* Colorado State University with BA in journalism and BA in German, graduated summa cum laude with a 4.0 GPA. The Society of Professional Journalists named me the top journalism graduate in the nation.
* Universität Heidelberg in Germany with concentration in international media, 4.0 GPA.
* Thompson Valley High School, 4.0 GPA.
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND FELLOWSHIPS
* One of five journalists from across the nation chosen for a Digital First News fellowship to attend the Online News Association's conference in Atlanta, 2013.
* Local leaders scholarship to attend the Online News Association conference in Denver, 2016.
* Speaker at the University of Colorado's Digital Ethics Symposium, 2014.
* Taught a journalism engagement workshop with Steve Buttry at the Denver Post, May 2013.
* Member of the Online News Association for digital journalists, 2013-present.
* Founding member and co-organizer for Colorado's Online News Association branch, 2014.
* Founder and member of the Northern Colorado New Journalism Collective, 2013, whereby I organize regular skills workshops for journalists of Digital First newspapers across Colorado.
* Guest on Colorado Public Radio's "Colorado Matters" broadcast, "Buddhism in Colorado," June 21, 2016
* Featured in a Reynolds Journalism Institute's Futures Lab video, "Five features smartphone apps for journalists," 2013.
* Featured in NetNewsCheck article, "At Digital First, what 'unbolting' really means," Feb. 5, 2014
* Blogger for Digital First's Inside Thunderdome blog, 2013.
* Taught digital journalism workshop at Colorado State University, 2013.
* Taught multiple digital journalism workshops at the Loveland Reporter-Herald, 2013.
* Presented on digital journalism to an editing class at the University of Colorado, April 2014.
* Taught mobile journalism workshop at the University of Colorado, 2012.
* Taught international journalism class at Colorado State University, April 2015.
* Spoke to journalism class at Colorado State University, December 2013.
* Fellow at Casey Journalism Center on Children and Families 2005 conference, “Today’s Generation Gap.”
* Member of the Society of Professional Journalists and former president, vice president, two times national delegate, publicity chair and webmaster for CSU’s chapter. Our chapter won the top student chapter in the nation under my guidance as president.
* Active alum and speaker for Colorado State University's annual Media Festival.
* Spoke to Steve Buttry's Advanced News Gathering class at the Manship School of Mass Communication at Louisiana State University, April 2016.
* Moderator at the Conference on World Affairs panel, "Romancing the Purse: Product Design and Consumer Culture," 2015.
* Moderator at the Conference on World Affairs panel, "The Opposite Sex: Beyond Stereotypes," 2014.
* Moderator for the Conference on World Affairs panel, "Drunk, Anorexic and Pregnant: Celebrity Heroes," 2008.
* Moderator for the Conference on World Affairs panel, "Raising This Generation's Children," 2011.
* Moderator for a discussion about real-life vampires at a talkback at the Boedecker Theater at the Dairy Center of the Arts, in reference to the article I wrote about "vampires among us," 2014.
* Judge at Condom Couture Fashion Show fundraiser for Boulder Valley Women's Health, 2015.
* Keynote speaker about refugees and women's rights in Uganda at University Women's Club at University of Colorado, 2015 (raised $8,000).
* Speaker about journalism and women for the American Association of University Women, Loveland, Colo., 2018.
MEMBERSHIPS ASSOCIATIONS UNRELATED TO MEDIA
* USA Powerlifting
* United States Powerlifting Association
* Grip Sport International
* International Powerlifting League
* World Raw Powerlifting Federation
* Pi Beta Phi sorority
* Founding board member for Think Humanity
* Board member for Pull Your Heart Out